Sunday, December 25, 2011

I am dreaming of the White Christmas ...

It's Christmas Time Again!!!
AT LAST!
The most beautiful and the most magical day of the year has arrived!
It's Christmas Time!!!
I can not stop smiling! My eyes are filled with beautiful images! In every house I happen to go there is a decorated tree, the house itself, "shouts" that there is celebration! Christmas cakes, Christmas songs sound a sweet and playful music to my ears! Magical images full of sparkle, from the unique glow of Christmas!
Wanting to return a little bit back in time to my childhood, I have countless pictures and feelings to remember during the Christmas season.
Initially, to decorate a Christmas tree was a whole ritual for me. I liked a lot to decorate the Christmas tree, along with all other family members. From the very first ornament that I touched, I felt the glow of Christmas filling me, I felt the sweet warmth to nest in my heart!
Also I will never forget how the house "smelled" in Christmas with all the Christmas sweets that my mother was cooking every such period, sugared buns ...honey cookies ... chocolates ... pancakes ... New Year's cake ... a tradition that naturally I have adopted and will definitely keep the remaining years of my life! There can be no Christmas without the house "smelling" such odours, don't you think???
Also, I will never forget the endless hours of waiting under the Christmas tree for Santa Claus. I wrote my letter that I was a good girl all year and that my mom yelled at me only a few times and that I wanted him to be able to bring me gifts that I had requested and that if he did I thanked him a lot for that. I always imagined him to be with beautiful and expressive green eyes full of love, a red suit, black boots and white beard. In other words, the Santa Claus we all know, that has traveled from our childhood to our dreams and in our hearts!
I was planning for almost all hours to wait for him under the Christmas tree! I told everyone that "this time, yes! I will be able to see him!" But never enough to achieve the end, I had never seen him at all! (Obviously!!) I sat on the couch watching the lights blinking and twinkling until the sleep was taking me away! So every Christmas, when I finally was awake, I found my gifts placed on the tree! Santa Claus was coming to town!!!
I wish Merry and Happy Christmas to all of you full of good health above all, joy and love!
Do not forget the sweetness of our childhood, spontaneity and so much love that we showed to everyone and everything! Even when we were"crashing" ourselves on the floor, we sometimes "whined" a little but then we would always get up even stronger. Bear this in mind!!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all and remember ....
Be always with a smile!

0 comments:

Post a Comment