Thursday, February 10, 2011

Valentine's Day

Saint Valentine's Day is coming and I am freeeaaaaking out!!!!

It's so creepy to see teddy-bears on one hand, small hearts on the other, roses that cost 2 euros, suddenly that day to be sold for 6 euros! Yes! Your understanding was right! I am freaking out at how "commercialized" that day has become!

I aggree with the fact that people in love should have one day of the year dedicated to them but not that kind of collaboration!!!

You would ask of course... When you were at the age of 20 and you received a teddy bear holding a red little heart or a chocolate Lacta written in its wrapper "I love you" you thought how "commercialized" that day has become? Of course not! I was not "a fascist" when I was a small kid! Not to mention that I am a woman and we like such a behaviour from our childhood! So when something like that happened to me I was feeling nicely!

So by recalling memories of the past, two facts came up in my mind that have happened that particular day and left me with a very beautiful and sweet feeling! I will share them with you!

The first incident happened to me when I was about 17 years old! It was Valentine's Day and that day I had a French lesson in Piraeus (One of the ports in Greece)! While I was going down a particular street, I suddenly saw many people gathered together! There was a pleasant atmosphere from some girls in a non- stop laughing. As I was approaching, I was wondering what was happening! At a glance, I discerned some boys that were holding roses in their hands and distributed them to the girls!!! Before something else came up to my mind, one of the boys was in front of me! He took me by surprise ... He looked at me and smiled ... "Hello!" he said. He continued ... "This is for you with all my love! Happy Valentine's day !!!". And he left! I smiled and smelled the rose! You can not imagine how beautifully this incident made me feel! Needless to say that every girl of my colleagues who have passed from that street had a rose with her. Later we learned that the boys were 7 friends who just got to the "madness" to do something that day and bought roses and distributed to young women, unknown young women who were crossing the street! I really laughed with that particular incident and every one of us felt unique and special!

The second incident happened to me when I was 23 years! It was Valentine's Day and me with my girl- friends (a group of 6 girls including me) cried our fate! One girl could not find a man as her boyfriend, to create a relationship, the other girl was about to break up with her boyfriend, a matter of days, the others we were already separated, meaning a situation that sucked! In addition the day happened to be special so our mood was deteriorating to the worst! Suddenly one of us threw the idea ... "Why not going out together to a restaurant for instance with live music to entertain ourselves???.We found no reason not to do that! Besides, why not??? Nothing kept us from not amusing ourselves! Not to mention that being all alone with your thoughts at home is the worst! So we were dressed in a fabulous way and went out! We found a restaurant that we showed preference to! We drank and danced quite a lot! Late at night, the manager of the restaurant sent us roses which was a really kind gesture that improved our mood more! All night we did not stop laughing with all our heart! It was the second most beautiful Valentine's Day I've ever spent!

However ... boys you should know that.... If you want to make us feel unique ... a rose and some words full with love are enough!

And it does not even have to be Valentine's Day!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment